Saturday, October 15, 2011

Korean it is !

BBQ Beef with Kimchi, Winter melon and Napa cabbage boiled in chicken stock.

Beef Bulgogi Entree
For the beef, I bought thinly sliced beef and marinated with CJ Korean BBQ Sauce, Bulgogi . This sauce has a 5 star rating at amazon. ust follow the instruction, or marinate for half an hour at least and pan fried it with a nonstick pan for a few minutes, depending on how cooked you like your beef. I cooked mine for about 8 minutes. If you are out of beef, you can use the marinate for pork. Kimchi making is an art, so I bought the ready made Authentic Mama Eun's Kimchi.


Kimchi Noodle soup
This is my breakfast. Wakes and warms me up instantly. Very simple, I add Kimchi to left over chicken stock. Add instant Kimchi noodle and half a packet of seasoning. I don't like it too salty. A good brand of korean instant noodle is Nong Shim Shin Noodle Ramyun. Add some more fresh Kimchi on top of the soup for extra punch. Serve with one boiled egg.

No comments: