It is pretty - A charming southern blog

It is pretty

A southern girl's review of Northeast Indiana and spots around the Midwest.


It is pretty is a charming blog about a southern girl's appreciation of the midwest. She captures magnificent photography of landscape and off the beaten trail travel highlights. She writes with a southern humor and one cannot help but being transported into the minds of this bubbly southern gal. Below is a narrative about her, and instantly you feel the warmth of southern hospitality in her words.

"Hey! All y’all listen up. I am a southern girl. Well, more specifically, a mountain girl. Some might proudly say, a hillbilly. I grew up in a holler in the mountains of western Virginia, where all the “i”s are long, the tea is very sweet, and all hearts are blessed (as in “bless his heart”, which usually precedes a caustic comment or some tidbit of gossip). Oh, and two out of the three significant boyfriends to date have dipped snuff. Fancy, I know. I was also educated in the south, both undergraduate school and law school. I then, like any good southern girl, started and continued my career in the south, until now. Very recently, I accepted a fabulous job opportunity in Northeast Indiana. So I am now, to quote another fine southerner, an Appalachian refugee. (Scott Miller)."