WeiEnism

My 5 year old son, Weien, loves to play with words. At 3, he referred to his Big toe as Thumb Toe, impersonates clouds and trees. Formulated his own fantasy book of maps involving traveling in a time machine, dueling the bad cowboys, being led by the friendly ghost (Pedro, who plays with him for the first month at his school playground), discovering the short cut to "the land of all good things". He tirelessly illustrates his stories, entertaining not just himself, but healing my soul. He would always say something that stuns us. I have decided to keep a record of them, its simply too precious to forget....

3 august 2011 
Weien asked: Mommy do you love me? answer: Of course I love you, in fact, more than I love myself. WeiEn: I don't want you to do that. I want you to love yourself more. Answer: Why? Weien: so you can take better care of me.

20 august 2011
His dad just disciplined him with a stern tone and I found him hiding under the covers everytime his father enters the room, when I asked him why he is avoiding his dad, he said " because when I see him, I feel Not proud of myself."